To provide a better quality of life for all Lake County citizens by facilitating development of a well designed, efficient, healthy, and safely built environment. This enhances community identity, allows development to co-exist with the natural environment, and promotes sustainability.
- Review of all residential, commercial, industrial, public facility and residential site development within unincorporated Lake County.
- Ensures compliance and consistency with the Lake County Land Development Regulations and Comprehensive Plan.
- Review of application requests to change or alter zoning or future land use categories for specific properties for compliance and consistency with the Comprehensive Plan. Recommendations on the applications are made to the Planning & Zoning Board and the Board of County Commissioners for their consideration.
- Maintaining the internal consistency of the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) and consistency of those regulations with the goals, objectives and policies of the Comprehensive Plan.
Planning & Community Design provides services for:
- Review of Commercial/Industrial Site Plans, including expedited review of Economic Development Projects.
- Review of new residential development
- Review of Lot Splits and Lot Line Deviations
- Review of Zoning Clearances
- Review of additions, expansions, change of use, and accessory structures and uses
- Review of subdivisions of property, plats and other types of site development projects through the development review process.
- Review and recommendation of Rezoning and Conditional Use Permit Applications
- Administration of Conditional Use Permits and Mining Operating Permits
- Review of amendments to, and maintenance of, the Comprehensive Plan
Site Plan Process
Major Site Plan Flow Chart
Minor Site Plan Flow Chart
Preliminary/Final Plat Process