The Sick Leave Bank Program is a voluntary program designed to provide participating employees with additional leave credits in the event of personal life-threatening or catastrophic illness and/or injury.
- Enrollment can occur within 30 (calendar) days of an employee’s completion of the initial six (6) month probationary period or during the month of January each year.
- To be eligible to enroll, an employee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a regular full-time employee with six (6) months of continuous service.
- Have a combined balance of forty (40) hours of sick and/or annual leave.
- Complete a Sick Leave Bank Enrollment Form.
- Employee must donate 8 hours of sick leave upon enrollment during the annual enrollment period. An employee enrolling upon the completion of their initial six (6) month probationary period shall donate eight (8) hours of sick leave upon enrollment should their 30 day window for enrolling fall within the months of January through June, and shall donate four (4) hours should the 30 day window fall within the months of July through December.
- Employees may cancel enrollment in the Sick Leave Bank during the annual open enrollment period.
- Member requests for withdrawal will be considered up to a maximum of 240 hours per year, per participating member, and are subject to available hours. Employees who qualify may be eligible for a second withdrawal.
- Employees receiving workers' compensation or disability benefits are not eligible for benefit payments from the Sick Leave Bank.
Questions regarding the Sick Leave Bank should be directed to the Human Resources Department at 343-9596.