Lake County BCC Employees who work a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week are eligible for Long Term Disability coverage through Cigna, provided they meet the plan qualifications.
- Employer pays full cost for long-term disability.
- There is a 180 Day Elimination period (the waiting period before benefits are paid.)
- The base long term disability benefit is 60% of the employee’s monthly earnings, to a maximum of $5000 per month.
- The employee also has an option to buy a rider that shortens the elimination period to 90 days.
Lake County BCC Employees who work a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week are eligible for Short-Term Disability coverage through Cigna providing that they meet the plan qualifications.
- Employee pays the full cost for short-term disability
- Benefits begin on the 1st day of a disabling injury and on the 8th day of a disabling illness.
- The short-term disability benefit is 60% of the employee's weekly earnings, to a maximum of $1000 per week.
- Short-term benefits are available for up to 13 weeks.
- Disabilities that occur during the first 6 months of coverage due to a pre-existing condition during the 3 months prior to coverage are excluded.
If you need to contact Cigna, contact customer service at (800) 362-4462.