12923 County Landfill Rd., Tavares
Must be at least 18 years of age.
This duties of this volunteer opportunity may include:
1) Receiving water samples from clients, citizens, volunteers and log them into an Access based database
2) Preparing laboratory bottles and bottle kits for sampling
3) Disposing of laboratory samples (in a proper manner)
4) Performing basic laboratory housekeeping duties, including washing glassware, filing, etc.
5) Assisting laboratory staff with sampling duties in the field
6) Performing basic laboratory analyses.
The Laboratory is responsible for the sampling and analysis of various types of water including: surface water, ground water, industrial waste, springs and drinking water.
This volunteer opportunity requires several duties:
- Reporting to the volunteer opportunity as scheduled.
- Completing assigned duties as required.
- Reporting problem situations to supervisor as necessary.
- Providing written reports as requested by supervisor.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Speak with or signal to people to convey or exchange information.
- Requires responsibility for the safety and well-being of self and others as assigned.
- Make decisions as required with an impact affecting self and others.
- Submits a summary of service hours spent on duties each month.
Education, Experience and Americans with Disabilities Requirements
- Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
- Requires completion of high school education.
- Requires sedentary work involving driving, standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis.
- Volunteer will be required to pass a background check. Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
Lake County Volunteer Services at (352) 343-9596 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Volunteer Application
Back to Volunteer Opportunities