The Lake County Department of Information Technology, Telecommunications Division, is responsible for providing telephone services for all operations of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners and Lake County’s five Constitutional Offices (Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Sheriff, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector).
Telecommunication needs for all County Government operations are requested through the Telecommunications Division. Benefits of having one office to provide telecommunications to the entire County Government, includes removing the burden from individual departments choosing telephone equipment and allowing one specialized office to take full responsibility for the installation of equipment.
The Telecommunications Division is working to build a unified common 4 digit dial telephone network. This is being accomplished by using NEC and Adtran PBX equipment. It is the goal of the Telecommunications Division to have all County Government operations networked. A single telephone platform will allow for four-digit dialing, common voicemail and better control of costs associated with long distance, maintenance and other telecommunication services.
The Telecommunications Division Web page provides users with a wealth of information, including frequently asked questions and user guides. The work-order request form can be used to request a telephone-related service, such as adding or moving a telephone, or a quote for needed telecommunications work.
The Telecommunications Division is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is closed for all legal holidays. For more information, call (352) 343-9897 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Employees can call more than 3,000 extensions without dialing the full telephone number, only the last four digits.
- To access voicemail, dial 3999 internally or call (352) 742-3999 from outside of the telephone network.
- The Telecommunications Division also manages cell phones and wireless air cards.
- Lake County Government receives more than 12,000 calls each business day. Telecommunications of Lake County Government features:
- More than 3,000 telephones
- 336 telephone lines
- 38 phone systems and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) on some telephones
- 1,000 voicemail boxes
- 2,400 different voicemail greeting options