Lake Soil & Water Conservation District works closely with the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Natural Resources
Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS) to create plans that conserve Lake County’s
natural resources. Through its long-standing partnership, the District assists
property owners and agricultural producers with soils information, requests for
wetlands determination, irrigation system design and conversion, land management,
soil and water conservation education, and other forms of conservation planning.
USDA-NRCS Provides the Mobile Irrigation Lab with office facilities.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
- Assist land owners in their efforts to secure
financial assistance through Farm Bill Programs
to implement conservation practices
- Conservation education, programs and information
- Assist growers with development of low
volume irrigation systems
- Develop and update irrigation water management
- Soil surveys and historical maps
LSWCD Fiscal Year 2016/17 Adopted Budget