Advises the Board of County Commissioners on policies regarding housing affordable to extremely low, very low, low, and moderate income households and approves impact fee waivers for homes affordable to extremely low, very low, and low income households.
The County Commission is seeking (to serve a two-year term, ending Nov. 30, 2019):
- One (1) resident who is actively engaged as a for-profit provider of affordable housing
Also seeking (to serve a two-year term, ending Nov. 30, 2020):
- Resident who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing
Provides the County Commission with information regarding existing programs and facilities serving the needs of elders in Lake County.
The County Commission is seeking (to serve a two-year term ending January 31, 2021):
Note: The County Commission may appoint someone to this Council who does not reside within the district.
- One (1) representative from District 1
- One (1) representative from District 4
Studies and makes recommendations to the County Commission regarding the coordination and development of a countywide library system.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete 4-year terms ending February 28, 2023):
- One (1) representative from Commission District 4
The purpose of this committee is to advise the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to the creation, operation and functions of the Mt. Plymouth-Sorrento Redevelopment Agency. The Committee shall consist of seven (7) members. All members shall have a term of two (2) years from the date of appointment and shall be eligible for reappointment. At a minimum, at least four (4) members shall own property within the Planning Area. The remaining members may be appointed from outside the Planning Area so long as they are residents or own property within a three mile radius of the Planning Area.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete two-year terms ending January 31, 2020):
- One (1) member who is a property owner within the Planning Area
Also seeking (to serve a two-year term, beginning Feb. 1, 2019)
- Two (2) members who are residents or property owners within a three mile radius of the Planning Area
Reviews proposed changes to existing zoning on a development specific basis, evaluating conformance with the County’s Comp Plan, and makes recommendations to the County Commission for adoption.
All deliberations and discussion will be advertised and conducted in a public hearing setting, and as such are subject to the State’s open records laws.
Although no specific experience is required, consideration will be given to professional expertise, areas of interest, community involvement and other factors deemed appropriate by the County Commission.
The County Commission is seeking (to serve four-year term, beginning Feb. 1, 2019):
Appointees are required to file a financial disclosure statement in conformance with statute.
- One (1) representative from District 2
- One (1) representative from District 4
- One (1) at-large representative
Makes recommendations to the County Commission on matters relating to recreation and open space needs.
The County Commission is seeking (to complete two-year terms beginning May 21, 2019):
- One (1) representative for District 1
- One (1) representative for District 2
- One (1) representative for District 3
- One (1) representative for District 4
- One (1) representative for District 5
The WellFlorida Council works for Lake and 15 other counties in north central Florida and is responsible for writing plans and setting policies to guide the development of health services in the community. Lake County holds three seats on the WellFlorida Council, designated as one consumer, one provider, and one purchaser.
The WellFlorida Council is currently seeking (to serve a two-year term ending Sept. 30, 2020):
- One (1) Lake County Purchaser - Purchasers are persons who are responsible for, or who are authorized members of, an organization responsible for purchase of health services for a group employees, either directly or through acquisition of health insurance coverage.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR THESE VACANCIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Please call 352-343-9800.
Applications may be made filled out online, or obtained in person from the Board of County Commissioners, in the lobby at the information desk or room 316, third floor, Round Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares, FL 32778 or by calling the individuals noted above.
Please note that Board of Building Examiners applicants need to use the Board of Building Examiners application form.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible.