Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The County Probation Division provides supervision to offenders placed on probation for traffic and misdemeanor offenses, and ensures their compliance with court-ordered sanctions. Division staff promote a crime-free lifestyle by requiring offenders to be employed, perform community service, make restitution, attend counseling and remain substance free as appropriate. The Division has unpaid internship and volunteer opportunities available.
The Division also provides the following services:
- Placement and monitoring of offenders sentenced to perform community service through nonprofit community agencies;
- Pre-Trial Intervention services to defendants identified by the courts as an alternative to regular judicial proceedings;
- Enforcement of restitution orders requiring offenders to pay victims for losses as directed by the court;
- Electronic monitoring services for offenders identified by the courts as an alternative to incarceration; and
- Vehicle immobilization services for offenders convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Contact the County Probation Division
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Office Location: 518 W. Alfred St. Tavares, FL 32778
Mailing Address: Lake County Probation Division, P.O. Box 7800 Tavares, FL 32778