Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Office of Probation provides supervision to offenders placed on probation for traffic and misdemeanor offenses, and ensures their compliance with court-ordered sanctions. Office staff promote a crime-free lifestyle by requiring offenders to be employed, perform community service, make restitution, attend counseling and remain substance free as appropriate. The Office has unpaid internship and volunteer opportunities available.
The Office also provides the following services:
- Placement and monitoring of offenders sentenced to perform community service through nonprofit community agencies;
- Pre-Trial Intervention services to defendants identified by the courts as an alternative to regular judicial proceedings;
- Enforcement of restitution orders requiring offenders to pay victims for losses as directed by the court;
- Electronic monitoring services for offenders identified by the courts as an alternative to incarceration; and
- Vehicle immobilization services for offenders convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Contact the Office of Probation
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Office Location: 518 W. Alfred St. Tavares, FL 32778
Mailing Address: Office of Probation, P.O. Box 7800 Tavares, FL 32778