Each year, grant funds are made available on a competitive basis through the Health and Human Services for the following:
Children's Services Council
Prevention and/or intervention programs that serve at-risk children to include:
- abuse and neglect
- afterschool and out of school programs to address delinquency
- developmental screening and assessments for children with special physical and behavioral needs
- kinship care (grandparents/relatives raising children)
- subsidized child care
- nutritional education and the reduction of childhood obesity to safeguard physical health
Prevention and/or intervention programs that serve at-risk individuals, elders and families to include:
- rental or mortgage assistance
- utilities assistance
- deposits (for utilities and housing)
- elder fraud and exploitation prevention
You can only apply for one of these two grants.
These grant programs utilize the same basic grant application (RFP) and application schedule. Although specific dates change from year to year, the application process generally starts at the end of each year with applications being due in April.
Organizations are encouraged to contact Stephanie Glass for more information or to be added to the list of potential service providers for Children’s Services and Human Services grants.
Request for Proposals (RFP) Grant Funding Applications