Facebook Link Preview for LakeCountyFL.gov
Lake County logo
Lake County logo
Residents Visitors Business Government
You are here: Home > Offices > Building Services > Single Family Permitting
 Single Family Permitting

What is needed

  1. Zoning Permit — obtained from the Zoning Department located on the fifth floor of the Administration Building.
  2. Environmental health approval — (This is required if the property is on a well or septic tank system). They are located on the first floor of the Administration Building.
  3. Application for Building Permit — including owner information, job address, type of work being done, job value, square footage of the home, correct directions to the jobsite, contractor information and sub-contractor information (including all license numbers).
  4. Owner/Builder affidavit — required if the property owner is doing the work listed.
  5. Current tax receipt, property record card or recorded warranty deed — showing the current owner of the property.
  6. Three plot plans — showing the lot dimensions, lot drainage, location of any and all structures (existing and proposed location of home), and distances to property lines, and wetlands if applicable.
  7. Three sets of engineered plans — detailed construction plans drawn on a minimum 11-by-17 inch sheet size to a 1/8-inch scale. Plans must include floor plan, electrical plan, plumbing plan, mechanical plan, foundation plan, front, side and rear elevations, and typical wall section. Plans must include all items listed under minimum plan requirements. The plans must be signed and sealed by a Florida Architect or Engineer.
  8. One completed set of energy codes (Most heating and air conditioning contractors can fill these forms out).
  9. Flood papers — Wetland Affidavit (will be given by zoning if applicable).
  10. Notice of Commencement (PDF) — This is required if the job value is $2,500 or greater. (This gives notice that the property is being improved.)
  11. Driveway application — this is required if property entrance is on a County maintained road.

Sub Contractors

All sub contractors must be named at the time when applying for a permit on a single-family residence. Any sub contractor named must be licensed. A contractor cannot name a homeowner as a sub contractor. Call Lake County Office of Building Services to verify if a sub contractor is licensed and active in Lake County.

For more information on the permitting process, call the Office of Building Services at 352-343-9653.

Lake County BCC Copyright 2006
Home : Visitors : Residents : Business : Government : Directory of Services : Online Services