- Review any new development plans for compliance with Land Development Regulations, and Comprehensive Plan in relation to water resources, effluent disposal, Florida Land Use Cover and Forms Classification System to include soils, flora and fauna.
- Prepare Technical Staff Reports.
Plan Review, Inspection and Compliance
Environmental / CUP Compliance
- Prepare Conditional Use Permits, review application, review monitoring plans, review operation plans, enforcement.
- Review and oversee monitoring plans to ensure compliance with CUPs.
Golf Course Ordinance Compliance
- Review and approve Golf Course Management Plans.
- Review and oversee monitoring plans to ensure compliance with approved monitoring plans.
Storage Tanks Program Compliance
Lake County Storage Tanks Inspection program has ceased operation on June 29, 2012 per the cancellation of the state contract by the Florida Department of Evnvironmental Protection (DEP). Should a business or citizen need information on a site, like to register a complaint, or want to review a file or any other inquiry related to the tanks program, please contact William Burns with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) at 850-245-8842 or [email protected].
Mining Inspection and Compliance Program
- Review new mining applications, operation plans, hydrogeologic reports, DRS, enforcement.
- Perform annual compliance inspection & enforcement.
- Review and oversee monitoring plans to ensure compliance with MSPs.
Solid Waste Landfill Monitoring
- Permitting & Inspection program for all private landfills.
Environmental Site Assessments
- WRM performs Certified ESA’s for County Departments when requested.