*Please note: 5th floor walk in traffic from 8AM-4PM only starting 7/13/2020. Includes Planning & Zoning, Building, Code Enforcement, and the Health Department.
The Office of Code Enforcement provides fair and equitable enforcement of the Lake County Code and Land Development Regulations to protect property rights and land value, ensure health and safety, and encourage citizens to observe and maintain a higher quality of life.
The Office of Code Enforcement responds to a variety of complaints and is responsible for enforcing compliance with the County’s codes and regulations.
These include, but are not limited to:
- The control of grass and weeds
- Parking of recreational vehicles, boats, trucks and trailers
- The accumulation of garbage, trash and debris
- Occupation of recreational vehicles outside an approved park or campground
- Abandoned property (including vehicles, furniture, machinery, etc.)
- Business licenses/Tax Receipts
- Zoning Approvals for both commercial and home occupations
- Conditional Use Permit inspections and compliance
- Compliance with Non-Residential Landscape Requirements
- Occupational licenses for both commercial and home occupations
- Ensuring Compliance with irrigation limits
- Compliance with other county codes, including the Land Development Regulations
Questions or comments: 352-742-3950 or by email [email protected]
Report a Code Violation
Note: Code Enforcement respects your confidentially and will accept anonymous complaints. However, we are unable to provide follow-up information with anonymous complaints and do encourage complainant information. All complaints received by the Office of Code Enforcement are subject to public records law.