Easy Ways to Get 90 Days of Medication
Posted: February 29, 2012
Message from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida!
Easy ways to get 90 days of medication.
To help keep your costs down and save you trips to the pharmacy, Lake County BCC has chosen prescription drug benefits that include two ways for you to get up to 90 days of medication at one time. One way is through a local pharmacy designated as an Extended Supply Network provider and the other way is through our mail order pharmacy, PrimeMail®.
What this means to you.
· Now when you need ongoing medications for conditions such as allergies, asthma, blood pressure and migraines you have options. These two options can save you trips to the pharmacy and money.
· To get up to a 90-day supply, you’ll need a prescription for the maximum amount that your doctor recommends.
90 Day Pharmacy Order
· If you prefer having a relationship with your local pharmacist, then you can choose to get your medication through one of our Extended Supply Network pharmacies. To locate a Extended Supply Network retail pharmacy in Florida:
o Click onthe Members tab, then Find a Doctor or Hospital.
o Under Step 1: Click on Pharmacy and then Retail is already selected for you.
o Under Step 2: You can select your plan or leave the default selection.
o Under Step 3: Select your preferences.
o Click Search!
When you get your search results, click on Pharmacy in the Details column to expand the information. Then look for Network Blue, Pharmacy (Up to three month supply). This means the pharmacy is in the Extended Supply Network.
90 Day Mail Order
· If you prefer the convenience of using mail order to get you medication, it’s easy through our mail order company, PrimeMail. With just one phone call, you can order new prescriptions or transfer current prescriptions. To get started, call 1-877-579-7627 and provide your prescription drug name and strength, as well as your doctor’s name and phone number. PrimeMail will take care of the rest ¾ even call your doctor.
o If you need your medication right away, you can fill one month’s supply at your local pharmacy and use PrimeMail® to get your remaining prescription(s). Simply ask your doctor for two prescriptions ¾ one prescription for the maximum amount recommended and a second prescription for the one month supply you need immediately.
o Get one month free using the mail order for a 90-day supply of medication. You only pay two copayments.
· Medicines that are prescribed for short-term use, such as antibiotics, may still be filled at any local pharmacy.
Switch from Brand to Generic and Save Money!
If you’re taking a brand name medication and have not tried a generic alternative you may be eligible to have your first copayment waived either at your local Extended Supply Network or through mail order.
If you have any questions, please call the toll-free customer service number on the back of your member ID card or submit your question securely online. Just visit www.bcbsfl.com and log into MyBlueServiceSM.
Finding the most appropriate medication at the most affordable cost––that’s how Blue is helping you.
« Back to Archive