Are you Feeling Stressed because you have too Many Things to Do?
Posted: October 01, 2007
Do you feel overwhelmed? Do you have a hard time knowing what you need to do and when you need to do it?
So go the sufferings of the modern management worker, according to productivity guru David Allen. Allen says the mind works like this: it stores up all the things people need or are committed to doing and then constantly reminds them on some level about what they need to do. The bad, stress-inducing part is that the mind reminds them to do these things at times when they really cannot take action, which causes people to worry and drains them of energy. How do managers/individuals avoid this kind of overwhelming stress in their lives?
Allen suggests the following actions for getting things done and avoiding stress:
« Back to Archive
- First, gather together all the things that demand our attention in our lives.
- Understand what these demands mean to us and what we need to do about them.
- Once we understand this information, it must be organized.
- Look over the options for accomplishing what demands our attention.
- Take action and do the things that need to be done.