1951 Woodlea Road, Tavares
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
The volunteer position participates in maintaining the Horticultural Learning Center Discovery Gardens by performing landscape maintenance work which may include installing landscape materials, trimming materials and removing weeds.
This volunteer opportunity requires several duties:
- Reporting to the volunteer opportunity as scheduled.
- Completing assigned duties as required.
- Reporting problem situations to supervisor as necessary.
- Providing written reports as requested by supervisor.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Speak with or signal to people to convey or exchange information.
- Requires responsibility for the safety and well-being of self and others as assigned.
- Make decisions as required with an impact affecting self and others.
- Submits a summary of service hours spent on duties each month.
Education, Experience and Americans with Disabilities Requirements
- Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
- Requires completion of high school education.
- Requires sedentary work involving driving, standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 40 pounds of force on a regular basis.
- Volunteer will be required to pass a background check. Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
- Volunteer will be required to take appropriate precautions to protect self from sun exposure, harsh weather, and insects. This may include, but is not limited to; the use of sunscreen, insect repellant, and protective clothing such as a hat. Volunteer should wear closed-toe footwear.
Lake County Volunteer Services at (352) 343-9596 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Volunteer Application
Back to Volunteer Opportunities