- What is an impact fee?
- What are the different types of impact fees collected by Lake County?
- When were the impact fees implemented?
- How are impact fees calculated?
- When are impact fees paid?
- Do I have to pay impact fees for an addition or remodel of my existing residence?
- How do I get credit for a structure(s) that used to be on the property?
- Do I have to pay impact fees if I am replacing an existing residence?
- Do I have to pay impact fees if I am changing the use of an existing structure?
- I am building in a city; do I still have to pay the impact fees?
- I am a senior citizen; do I still have to pay the impact fees?
- Does non-residential development have to pay all of the same impact fees as residential development?
- Can I prepay my impact fees?
Yes, with some conditions. The Prepayment process is abbreviated below. See Prepayment of Impact Fees for additional information.
- Complete application. A separate application must be submitted for each lot. The application can be filled out electronically and then printed.
- Bring printed application, property record card, lot of record determination, and payment to the Lake County Impact Fee Office, located at 315 W. Main Street, 5th floor, Tavares, FL 32778.
- Appointments, especially for prepaying for multiple lots, can be scheduled by calling (352) 343-9855.
- A 1% convenience charge will be added if payment is by credit card.
- Property record cards can be obtained on the Lake County Property Appraiser’s website.
* This data is provided for informational purposes only. In the event of any difference between these FAQs and the adopted impact fee ordinances, the adopted ordinances shall prevail. Please contact the Lake County Impact Fee office at (352) 343-9855 with any questions.