The Lake County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) is constantly looking to increase its competitive base of vendors willing and able to provide the very wide range of goods and services purchased by the County. Our automated vendor registration system is designed to maximize your opportunity to participate in the County’s purchasing program, and maximize the degree of competition realized by the County for each major purchase..
Why should I register as a potential vendor with the Lake County BCC?
When you register your firm on-line with the County, your firm will automatically receive an e-mail notice anytime the County issues a formal solicitation for a good and/or service that match the commodity codes you selected during the registration process. The e-mail notice will direct you to a site from which you can review and download a copy of the solicitation. This saves you the time and trouble of constantly checking with us to see if we are buying something you are selling. Your registration also helps us ensure that as many vendors as possible are having the opportunity to participate in the purchase.
To register as a potential vendor with the Lake County BCC:
- Register on www.lakecountyfl.gov.
- Click on Doing Business in Lake County on the left panel.
- Click on Register as a Vendor to be taken to the Vendor Registration Form.
Make sure that you select all commodity codes that apply to your business, and make sure all e-mail contact information is absolutely accurate. It is important to keep your code and contact information current by updating your record whenever necessary.
Specific Notes Regarding the Vendor Registration System:
- You will only receive an e-mail informing you of a purchase opportunity when and if the County solicits for a specific good or services for which your firm is specifically registered. Be aware that many commodities and services are only solicited occasionally, or on extended cyclical intervals.
- You should be as accurate and comprehensive as possible when you select the commodity codes for your business. You will only receive notices for solicitations that match the codes you select. But, be careful not to select codes that do not clearly apply to your business. We periodically review response history to delete vendors that are consistently not responding to either the e-mail notices or the corresponding solicitations.
- It is critical that you update your records in the system anytime there is a change in your commodity code or your e-mail address. We won’t necessarily know about these changes unless you change your information within the registration process.
- A vendor does not have to register in our system to participate in our purchasing program. If you prefer not to register, you may still view and download all the information included on the County’s Procurement website. Any vendor can review and download any current solicitations by clicking on View All Bids on the left panel.